Help, Stranded Fish

double

:help: My purple firefish has jumped into my overflow and I need advise on how to extract him. all suggestions are appreciated :help:

How big is the overflow and how did he get in? If you can pull the top off, turn it off and use a net. Not knowing what you have makes it hard to figure out ways

double

I have a 125 with two built in overflows. Both overflows contain a return pipe and and drain pipe to a 55 gallon sump underneath.
I believe he got into the overflow when I added an atlantic Blue Tang yesterday and when finally acclimated he went directly to the hiding spot of the firefish which sent him fleeing over the top of the overflow.
:scared:

oceana

my wrasse gets stuck in our overflow sometimes and we cannot get him with a net- we finally found that if we raise the water level as high as possible, he's abel to swim back into the tank (I think he's learning, last time it only took him 1 day)

double

:notsure: I must not be explaining my setup well enough. the overflows have to fixed pipes in spaced apart in the center of the overflow. Therefore it would have to be a small net to navigate in such a confinded area and being that you can't really see down into it clearly and the fish is pretty quick catching it wouldn't quite qualify as easy.

double

Oceana, thanks for the input. Thats what I did about an hour ago. I hope he figures it out! ***)

double

Oceana, by the way thanks for the tutorial on cutting mushrooms. I finally got up the courage to try it and it worked great. That type of information is greatly appreciated!!!

oceana

Originally Posted by Double
Oceana, thanks for the input. Thats what I did about an hour ago. I hope he figures it out! ***)
I wouldn't worry too much, my wrasse has spent a couple of weeks at a time in our overflow (megaflow kit/no room for a net either) he has never suffered any effects from it, lots of mysid (sp?) there and enough food made it back there too -as long as the water level is high enough to do so, he should eventually swim back into the tank (or that's been my experience anyway)
Originally Posted by Double

Oceana, by the way thanks for the tutorial on cutting mushrooms. I finally got up the courage to try it and it worked great. That type of information is greatly appreciated!!!

You're welcome, this hobby has been a great learning experience for my whole family and we really enjoy it.

double

Great news all the firefish found his way out of the overflow. I really appreciate everyones ideas and assistance. It is great to know that there is a helping hand available.
Thanks again all