Help to make tank more appealing

pufferfreak

I want my tank to look more appealing what do you guys recommend I do or add to it, I am going to get a galaxia frag soon. But what else should I get?

dvs

I like lots of rock but I think its personal preference. Some Gorgonians would look good.
:)
Jen

kreach

Originally posted by pufferfreak
Do you think that I should add more rock at the top to give it more height?

More rock would mean more nooks and crannies to put corals... which IMO is something that makes a tank more impressive and appealing.

vibe

Lr would definatly give that tank some texture. gorgonians are not hard to keep IMO. i ahve had one for about 1 month and a half, maybe more. one of the coolest corals i have ever bought. maybe some very brightly colored shrooms or even a giant shroom. i dont knwo much about giant shrooms, but i know that they really know how to stand out. you would probably want something tahts yellow or orange, something brightly colored? my biggest suggestion is to go with what you think would look killer in taht tank. we can provide the ideas, but you are the one who provides the change and the outcome. nice tank. more LR is need IMO:D . good luck

nerdy

I think more live rock up to the top is nice. It gives more places to put corals as well. Lots of mushrooms. I would get rid of the hair algae if that is what the green stuff is too!

nicky1.8t

frog spawn would make it look very nice i love mine and my lfs has a huge one that is soooo cool looking but they wont sell it

memnoch

If you are looking for something to invest in for your tank I would definately suggest liverock at this point. Although it looks like you have a nice amount already the more the better. More liverock will provide you with more places to mount your corals, more hiding and interest for your fish and invert inhabitants, and it will make your system even more stable. I think personally about 2lbs/gallon of Fiji rock is a good goal to start with although If I could fit 3lbs/gallon I would.

josh

If it were me, I would remove some of the LR in the middle and make two distinct islands maybe connected at the base or top by one piece. This way you could build up your LR piles and save the money to buy corals.....who sees the LR after it's covered by corals anyway?
:)

jarvis

I would say go with a branching hammer coral where the perc is and a sinulara or toadstool leather on the lower left.