help to much hair

racinereef

does any one know what fish will eat hiar alge i have a lawnmower 6 mex,tobros 80 hermits 20 arstl tobros i cut back on lights to 4 hours a day for my corals plaese help my only other plan is to start hrsvest it :needhelp: this is 125 gal with vhos and skimer on a wet dry system

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Hello! Welcome to Saltwaterfish.com!
You have posted in our Off-Topic forum so, if you don't mind, I"m going to move you over to our reef forum so you can get more On-Topic responses!
Thanks for joining!

scotts

My personal opinion is that trying to find something to eat the hair algae is putting a band aid on the problem. It is better to solve the problem before it turns into hair algae. You have a large clean up crew but the main question is how much do you feed your tank? Any other info such as how long it has been set up, what type of substrate do you have, what are the tank inhabitants would be helpful.

racinereef

:help: I dont feed my tank anything the fish eat the alage that it and as for my water it is 100% r/o with everything in its praamders this tank has been set up for 15 years and was just move for the to a new house i just got and i move the water and all so it would not up set bio load of the tank the onlt thing that is differint is that it gets more sun light than i want to the firts two week we move here i put up herver draps so that would stop other than the hair my tank is self feeding
live sand bed 200 of live rock damsils 3 flower pot lethers mushrooms divel hand sailfin tang hawk fish :happyfish

wrassecal

In my opinion, the move is part of the problem. No telling what you stirred up in the move. Possibly the sunlight also. I'd do about a 30% water change, RO, wait a week, do a 25%, wait a week do a 15%. Your tank should have stablized by then and you should of gotten rid of your problem. I think you need to feed that tank some nice fresh well aerated RO water for a while :yes:

the reef

have you tested your phosphate cuz when i moved my tank watter went green and got hair alga the move caught up alot of the bio load in the sand and will have to recycle in most cases I tested my phosphate and it was way to high then I used phosgard and now never have phosphate go up past .05