help!!!trying to catch hawkfish

freckles

i am trying to remove a hawkfish. he ate 3 cleaner shrimp and i want to exchange him at theLFS. cant catch him..too fast. any suggestions welcome! :eek:
[ April 28, 2001: Message edited by: freckles ]

try a hook and worm lol,if your netting skills need to be sharpened try a trap they sell them online or your high end stores.!!

tacks

Not sure if you've already been doing this but you could try 2 nets. Use a smaller one to guide him into the big one. Depending on how big your tank is, you could use a piece of plexi to divide the tank.

freckles

Originally posted by Tacks:
<STRONG>Not sure if you've already been doing this but you could try 2 nets. Use a smaller one to guide him into the big one. Depending on how big your tank is, you could use a piece of plexi to divide the tank.</STRONG>
thanks i will try the plex glass.

nm reef

Hmmmm....if ya are sucessful........come on over....I've got 2 damn damsels that ya can get next.......they are in a 55 with about 100 lbs of lr...tried every thing I can think of.....8 yr old boy says use a

[hr]
dad........LMAO....good luck.....

freckles

Originally posted by NM reef:
<STRONG>Hmmmm....if ya are sucessful........come on over....I've got 2 damn damsels that ya can get next.......they are in a 55 with about 100 lbs of lr...tried every thing I can think of.....8 yr old boy says use a

[hr]
dad........LMAO....good luck.....</STRONG>
the LFS i go to sells a plastic fish catcher for lack of a better word,they catch thier fish by putting in the tank and herding into the clear rectangular plastic container. i will let you know how it turns out. that is the only way they catch thier livestock..no nets. he said it may take a little time to get use to useing it but it will work.

fantomkoala

I used to work in a fish store, and thats the only we used to catch our fish. Less stress then a net, and the only option for fish like Lions and Filefish. It doesn't take much time to get used to...just herd the fish into the container with a net and your all good.
Fantom+K

moy

:p I hear they sell minature harpoons with electros at the ends to paralize stuborn fish momentarly! :D LOL

playtime

good luck!!! I tried to catch a sick blue damsel in my 32 gal and the little bugger died cause he wouldn't let me help him. If that works, let us know.
Playtime