Help: weekly supplement additions & top offs...

scuba-raru

:thinking: I had a question regarding weekly aditives. I just started keeping some corals (mushrooms/zoo's/GSP's) I have been adding Kent Trace Elements (purlple stuff) once a week. Is this enough or should I add Calcium/Strontonim/supplements as well.
Also, when you do top offs (I have to do about 1gal every 2-3 days) do you just pour the water in or do you have to make some sort of drip? So far ive beenpouring it in and mt stock hasnt complained...
Any help would be apreciated!!
Thanks

bot587

usually a pour in is fine... been pouring for a year and no problems, but make sure to stay on top of it... if you forget for a while and have to add a lot it might change the salinity to quickly

the sherm

Originally Posted by scuba-Raru
:thinking: I had a question regarding weekly aditives. I just started keeping some corals (mushrooms/zoo's/GSP's) I have been adding Kent Trace Elements (purlple stuff) once a week. Is this enough or should I add Calcium/Strontonim/supplements as well.
Also, when you do top offs (I have to do about 1gal every 2-3 days) do you just pour the water in or do you have to make some sort of drip? So far ive beenpouring it in and mt stock hasnt complained...
Any help would be apreciated!!
Thanks
KALWASER IS WHAT YOU NEED EVERY TIME YOU ADD MAKE UP WATER DO IT WITH KALWASER I HAVE A 10 GALLON GARBAGE BUCKET. I ATTACHED A SHUT OFF VALVE TO THE BOTTOM ABOUT TWO INCHES BEFORE THE BOTTOM SO IT DOESN'T GET CLOGGED WITH THE POWDER. IN THE SHUT OFF VALVE I ATTACHED VINAL HOSE TO THE SUMP WITH A FLOAT SWITCH SO NOT TO OVER FLOW. I GOT IT FROM HARD WARE STORE $8.00 BUCKS. PLUS SALT LEVEL DOESN'T DROP DRASTICALY OR GO UP. BUT THE REAL BONUS IS THAT I ONLY HAVE TO FILL THE BUCKET WITH KALWASER AND WATER EVERY 10 DAY'S OR SO. USE TWO TEASPOONS OF KALWASER FOR EVERY GALLON OF WATER FOR GOOD CORALINE. I HAD MY TANK FOR TWO YEARS AND NO CORALINE THEN TRIED THIS SIX MON AGO AND I HAVE IT GROIN ON THE GLASS ALREADY.

scuba-raru

sweet! thanks for the input guys. I was reading about a Kak drip using one of those kent Aquadose containers, seems like a pretty cheap option. That sounds like a nice set up Sherm, I unfortunately dont have too much room for a big bucket like that.
I was thinking I'll start by adding weekly B-ionic as well as my Kent Essentals and see how it reacts for a while before I jump into doing Kalk full time though. Kalk just seems like such a pain in the Arse! Plus im only growing softies so we'll see how they do.
Again, thanks so much! take care and good luck