help White rock

augie

I started my tank 3 weeks ago but when i added my live rock it turned pure white. Is this normal?

jonny bolt

scrub it off. I got some, not much, on one batch of rocks that I got. Just die off like mentioned above. Totally normal. But you can clean and brush off the rocks with a good non-metal brush.

H

handfeed

While im here, your problems is quite a familiar situation. for yes, do follow Mike suggestion and I believe that you would need to upgrade your water currents for are you having a PH problem right now? If yes, do buffer your Ph very little each day to maintain it to the level of your desire.
Also if what is happening in your tank, you will have a slight nitrate problem along with the PH for what is happening I believe if that your LR is dying and is making a white power substance all over you LR.
So if my explanation is all correct to your situation, you will need to follow these instruction to the letter and not forget to add currents and not be so aggressive at it. And I forget this that you should do some water changes.

augie

Most of the white on the l/r is a very thick coating and appeared on the rock immedately after i put the rock in the tank.It might not be so easy to get off.