help with 3 gal deco kit

marinfire1

:help: i have a 3 gal deco nano tank and its been running for over a month... with live sand to start and 3 nice pieces of live rock...it seems like it hasnt cyled yet...has anyone ever had problems with these tanks or does anyone know whats going on?
thanks
3 gallon acrylic aquarium - 12-1/2" x 9-5/8" x 7-1/4" high, Rapids powerfilter, 18W compact fluorescent perch-light fixture with 50/50 14,000°K actinic and 7,400°K daylight lamp.

demartini

You need to add something to start the cycle. I would add a small piece of raw shrimp or if you are using frozen food you can throw in some of that.

marinfire1

i did add some frozen brine into it a few weeks ago and i have 2 snails in there doing just fine...im going to do a small water change today i think

marinfire1

DeMartini
u live in the bay area...i live here two...just wonder where do u get ur fish, etc...i kno there are some really bad stores in SF like 6th ave....but anywhere thats really good that u have found?

demartini

Oh yea, I've been to that one on 6th ave. It looked really ghetto so I didn't bother going in. Well I live in San Mateo and I always go to Ultimate Aquarium (they are very friendly and have a great variety of fish and corals). I used to go to Aquarium Concepts in Hayward but they moved to Dublin. Where do you get your stuff? You live in Marin?

marinfire1

ya i live in marin and the only place that even sells saltwater here besides ***** is petclub...so i go to petclub....the fish guy there is really nice and he keeps the fish healthy so i havent had any problems there...plus u can get some pretty nice corals for only $29.99 cuz whatever they get in thats the price they sell it for so ive gotten some pretty good deals there