Help with a Diamond Goby.

jimmycat

After acclimating my fish properly I put him in the tank and have not seen him since. I can see where he has burrowed a large hole but can not see the fish. I am worried because he doesn't come out to eat. How long after being placed in the tank until he feels comfortable enough to come out?

coral head

I bought one two weeks ago. He hid under the rock . . . . I never saw him for over a week. He finally ventured out after about 10 days but scampers back under the rock anytime we go near the aquarium.
It has been fifteen days now . . . he is still ducking under the rocks.. \
Give him/her time.

jimmycat

Thanks for your help. I saw his head this morning but he still wont come out to eat. Hope he gets the hang of it soon. Thanks again for your help.

N

nereef

diamond gobies are sandsifters, and i have yet to see one eat prepared foods very well. a large tank (at least a 55) and hopefully a fuge to supply pods to eat is crucial to these fish surviving more than a few months. they are also jumpers, so cover your exits. hope this helps.

lpfd778

My dimond eats any thing i throw in the tanks that gets down by him he has been eating pellets and frozen since about 3 weeks after i got him so dont worry

jimmycat

Well good news. He came out yesterday and ate some frozen food. He has also been sifting sand like crazy. So all is good. Thanks for your help.

crypt keeper

My lfs has a pair of orange diamong gobys. They hang out in the same hole and when one goes out the other follows. I was thinking about picking them up for my 75. Any reason not too?