Help with Anemone

philip_r5

Hello, guys I just recently got a green carpet anemone for my tank. I didn't pay to close attention and forgot one of my power heads didn't have a cover on the suction part and well ya you figured it. The carpet anemone got sucked up in it. I turned the pump off and got him out. However, now its very very upset. Please help me with any advise you can give. Thanks

saltygerman

Originally Posted by philip_r5
http:///forum/post/2830940
Hello, guys I just recently got a green carpet anemone for my tank. I didn't pay to close attention and forgot one of my power heads didn't have a cover on the suction part and well ya you figured it. The carpet anemone got sucked up in it. I turned the pump off and got him out. However, now its very very upset. Please help me with any advise you can give. Thanks

Had the same thing happen to mine.I laid the intake portien on sand bottom and let him free himself.He looked horrible,but a couple of days later he was fine.Of course now all are covered in foam.

philip_r5

Well, Im ready to take some criticism on this but it was an impulse buy for now. It is currently in a 24gallon nano. Its still very small. The tank has two mj1200's on it. I have a refugium on the back, full cleaner crew now... , and 150watt hqi pheonix 14k on it. I do water changes every week or two.

philip_r5

Just so you guys do know. This isn't where its home was planed. I have a 125gallon fish tank up and cycling currently. Its only been going for about a week now.

philip_r5

Tank Parms:
Ph= 7.8
Cal= 500
NH3+NH4 Ammonia = 0mp/l
No3 Nitrate= 2.5
Phosphate PO4 = 0.2
Iron FE = 0-0.1
Salinity = 1.027
Temp = Usually around 80f

philip_r5

I think them levels were from the anemone its self. My readings before that weren't that bad. Only the ph is the same. The thing with that is i buffer it about twice a week with the 8.3 buffer stuff but don't want to over buffer. Should I just add it untill it raises it or are there other ways?

perfectdark

What kind of carpet is it? Im guessing Haddoni, if so, your chances of recovery are good. It doesnt look in horrible shape but it does look frazzeled.. LOL. And yes the tank it is in is far too small for it... but im guessing you already know that.

sangria

I have a Condy Anenome that got sucked into an intake. Pieces of its tenticles were everywhere. I thought for sure it was a goner, but it recovered very nicely. I think healthy water parameters and good lighting are the best things you can do for it.