help with Anemones

karvis

i am thinking about getting an Anemone, i have 2 1/2 or 3 1/2 watts per gallon, is this ok? they are halogen lamps(75 watts) and blue atanic(40 watts) i am going to get the Anemone in a month or two.
how do you feed it?
is it difficult to take care of?
which ones would you recomend?
etc.....

M

mr.bubble

I cant answer your first queston but i can answer these. it is easy to take care of (for me at least, so far never had any probs). they eat light, krill, brine, planton, and my clown feeds it ????? i dont lnow what is is but it is white. they anemone love it! i would say get a carpet anemone. i heard it is fairly hardy and easy to take care of. are you keeping it with a clown?

[hr]
WARANING: I AM A NEWBIE! I MIGHT GIVE BAD ADVICE! CHECK WITH SOMEONE ELSE BEFORE YOU TAKE MY ADVICE!

bingo

Anemones are generally not recommended as they are difficult to care for long-term. If you are going to get one, go for a bubble-tip anemone. Since you don't have a ton of light, I would feed it every other day or so. When healthy, you can just give them silversides, shrimp, clam, etc. and they will do the rest. They tend to walk around until they find a good spot, just try not to pull them off the rock they are on, it's better to move the whole rock. Look for one that has some color to it, white anemones are not generally healthy.

M

mr.bubble

thanks for telling me that.

[hr]
WARNING! I AM A NEBIE! MIGHT GIVE BAD ADVICE! CHECK WITH SOMEONE ELSE BEFOR TAKING MY ADVICE!
PS, Now is everything spelled right?

M

mr.bubble

OOOPS! I JUST NOTICED! befor is spelled wrong, should be before!

bingo

I wouldn't consider that a ton of light for a 75 at all. What K are those halogens? I haven't heard of many people using those. Most people say they get too hot and they are the wrong color spectrum.