help with bubbles from skilter????

brolik1

hey there guys and gals.i just want to say thanks for your help,it was really usefull,but now i have one more problem.i have a bio-wheel filter,and i recently purchased the skimmer with a filter and aerater,it is known as a skilter.im not sure if u guys are familiar with this product.the one i have is called the the skilter 250.to make the simmer section work u have to open the air valve no more then halfway to get the correct mixture of bubbles.but when i do that the skilter throws little tiny micro bubbles into the tank which makes the tank look dirty.any info in how to eliminate that.i tried by putting a pro flo in front of the cartridge but its still there.how to get rid of it.i need my tank to look crystal clear please help lol
i plan on gettin rid of this skilter in a month or so,which skimmer do u guys think will work best for my 29 gallon.one that will give no bubble or loud noises.

who dey

don't know much about the skilter mentioned. i would suggest dropping some cash on a great skimmer. your system will reward you for it. thats my opinion! good luck

taz_12777

I HAD the same skilter. I tried using an airstone, different filter media, different areas and the only thing that I found to work is to get a different skimmer. I got a Red Sea Prizim. Its not the best but it is a whole lot better than the skilter ever will be. I think it is a design flaw with the skilter because when you finally get enough air to get stuff out of the tank you just add too many bubbles back in.