Help with choosing a tank

fish fizz

Ok, I recently moved to a new place and need to get a new fish tank. I currently have a 58 gallon oceanic with hang on filters, a hang on protein skimmer, and some pc lights. In the tank I have a clown , damsel, cb shrimp, zoos, and mushrooms. I can't imagine ever wanting to do hard corals again so I'm happy with the few fish and easy corals like polyps. So my question is what kind of tank should I get? I've kinda been out of the loop for awhile and could use some help. It would be nice to have an all in one tank that either has a sump or is reef ready. I would like the tank to be taller and have about a 24” x 24” foot print. Maybe around 40-50 gallons. Also something that aesthetically has a sleek and self contained look. It definitely needs a hood and stand and nothing hanging off the back. Just an easy tank to take care of with a descent light setup. Oh, and preferably glass. Any ideas? How much should I be looking to pay? Is there any stores online I should be looking at? Thank you so much for the help! Best, -fizz

bpro32

a 60g cube is 24x24x24 those are great imo. I would look at your local classifieds for a good condition used one, they are pretty common around where I live.
I know they do make all in one cubes, but I don't know what brand. Post pics when you get it!!

deejeff442

imo you cant bet a predrilled tank
+1 on the classifieds or try c-list
go as big as you can cause everyone that has a reef wants a tang so get atleast a 100-125 gallon or the tang police will show up.
i agree with you on the corals fish are alot easier than corals i like to add some shrooms and polyps for color.