help with clown please

eilsel

ok i posted this in another area with no help can someone please help me here.
here goes i purchased a pair of clowns on friday they have not eaten yet which i understand could take a couple of days yesterday one was dead sitting upright in the bottom of the tank to it out and to the freezer it went this morning i get up to check on my other and it had white spots all over it i went back and checkeed it a few minutes ago and the spots are gone but its swimming like its drunk. now my lfs came and restacked my rock for me a couple of weekends ago and my water was a little of but they said it would go back down it was from restacking i also lost a feather duster last week. now i need to know if this is ich and do i need to worry aboutmy corals if it is ichthank you in advance for any advice and thanks for taking the time to look

scooby1350

First thing I would do is test your water. Make sure your nitrate, nitrites, Ammonia, salinity and PH are all OK. It sound like something with the water is not right.
U might want to try a 25% water change, but don't do more then that.

eilsel

my lfs said that water was good something was a little high but was still safe said it was high because they restacked my rock i know it was a 10 but i cant remember which it was.

lion_crazz

I would probably stop relying on thr LFS and begin to get more involved in your tank. It sounds like your LFS spiked your LFS when they rearranged your system. Did they give you a full list of everything that they tested for? You should be testing for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, kH, salinity, and temperature?
It sounds like your clowns may have had brooklynella, which is also known as clownfish disease. If these were wild caught clownfish, the chances of them having this are very high. Did you quarantine these fish?

eilsel

no did not know that i needed to qt the fish they have both died and i am not happy do i need to qt all new fish can that disease hurt my coral? they were the only fish except for a goby and his shrimp will they be affected if so how do i treat my tank and with what?

scooby1350

The other thing with your LFS is how did they test the water? Did they use the quick strips or did they use test tubes? I have one pet store test my water this was a name brand store and they claimed my water was perfect ( Used the Test Strips). Then I had a local Salt water store test my water and the Ammonia levels were very high. So even tho one place clams you water is fine it might not be. Make sure they use the drops and they wait the time needed for the results ammonia should take up to 5 mins to develop.

eilsel

they test it with tubes they said that one thing was high it was a ten and they told me but with my short memory i cant remember what it was i am going there with more water again in about an hour

scooby1350

To kill the BACTERIAL INFECTIONS get a product called RALLY it does not use copper, so it is safe for you inverts. Check with your LFS to make sure what you have, but that is a very good product to use and it is safe for your fish and inverts.
This product does not kill ICH, so you might need a different product if you have ICH.
brooklynella is a form of ICH, so if they had that you will need an ICH treatment.