Help with current for acropora

sjgsm

I was wondering how I can go about setting up pumps to create a good enough amount of current for an acropora. I read that the current needs to be strong but indirect. How should i go about setting up pumps to do so. If you have specific types of pumps that you use to do so feel free to mention them. My tank is a 30gal (tall) if this helps. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Lance.

gatorwpb

With your tank, a Hydor Koralia would be a good powerhead, maybe a #2 or #3 would be good for flow. Maybe 2x #2s

Tunze 6025s are very nice too and can be modded to get extra flow.
I try to aim my powerheads angled slightly up towards the waters surface and towards each other. This way there is lots of turbulent flow without kicking up too much sand. I use Sureflow modded MaxiJet 1200s, but those are too much flow for your tank.

paintballer768

Originally Posted by GatorWPB
http:///forum/post/2794523
With your tank, a Hydor Koralia would be a good powerhead, maybe a #2 or #3 would be good for flow. Maybe 2x #2s

Tunze 6025s are very nice too and can be modded to get extra flow.
I try to aim my powerheads angled slightly up towards the waters surface and towards each other. This way there is lots of turbulent flow without kicking up too much sand. I use Sureflow modded MaxiJet 1200s, but those are too much flow for your tank.
I would recommend the 2 K2's, if theres not many other types of corals in the tank. Multiple powerheads are better than 1 strong one.