Help with cyclop-eeze

coastie81

I have the freeze dried cyclop-eeze. How do I go about using it? I have no idea how to mix it? some please help me soon

coraljunky

I take a small bottle(drinking water) and fill it half way with tank water. Then I add cyclopeeze and shake it well. Poor it right into the tank. Just my method.

coastie81

Originally Posted by coraljunky
http:///forum/post/2799776
I take a small bottle(drinking water) and fill it half way with tank water. Then I add cyclopeeze and shake it well. Poor it right into the tank. Just my method.
how much cyclop-eeze do you add and how much tank water???

big

I think cyclopeeze is one of the best foods around.
I am lazier yet! Freeze dried I do not know, I like the frozen. I keep the red pouch in the freezer with a close-pin type closer on it in a plastic bag. Every couple days I just scoop a little tank water into the bag and then let it flow back it in the tank in a few critical flow spots. (Some shut off their PH's while feeding, I don't know if its better or not.) Then rewraped and back to the freeer it goes. I cut the bag shorter as time passes. Judgment on amount each time is just what I have learned over time. Hard to say who much it is for any particular tank. But don't overfeed till you figure out the correct amount. Too little is better than too much!
Every other time it is shortly after lights out to help feed the night time feeders. About once a week or when I remember to, I do spot feed some particular corals. ( Like my wife's Sun Coral and a couple others that require more spot feeding.) I think it was for me mostly a trial and error practice to come up with what will work best for any particular tank and prior experience level.

coastie81

how many times a week should I feed the cyclop-eeze. I rotate between frozen, flake and pellte as well as algae sheats for my 2 tangs

big

Originally Posted by coastie81
http:///forum/post/2799935
how many times a week should I feed the cyclop-eeze. I rotate between frozen, flake and pellte as well as algae sheats for my 2 tangs

Some of this would depend on how much "stuff" you have to feed. In my case I have a very high demand in corals. Lots of them. I also have a Scooter and a Diamond Goby that eat just about all the pods that my 50 gallon fuge can produce. So the Cyclopeezee is an addition supplement to the Scooter with its tiny mouth. I think the first and most important thing is not to over feed. What is the size and bio-load in corals and fish?? may be the best question to ask??? And again some is trial and error.

rebelprettyboy

I have a 14 biocube and I feed a crazy mixture of food including cyclopeeze, coral frenzy, squid, otcopus, shrimp, krill, pellets, flakes, scallop, marine snow. And i feed 3+ times day!
No problems with water parmaeters.
But dont overfeed!!!