Help with Green Zoos

efrank

I just bought a new colony of green zoos thinking i could nurse it back to health. THe rock they were on broke in two pieces. The issue is that some of the polyps open and some do not. While I know more will open if given a few days there are some that are closed and sticking out that look dead. I attached the best picture I could get but it is not great. My questions are:
1. If some are dead or never open, do I just leave them? 2. Is there a common practice to help nurse corals back to health?
Everything else in my tank is doing very well including other zoos, bubble coral, anenome, star polyps, kenya ect. Water chem is very good.

flower

They may be closed but they look pretty good, plenty of life it should be fine. Your good water should get them all happy in no time.
Put them where you want them and give them time. Moving them around and messing with them will cause them to hide because they think they are under attack. Like a turtle that withdraws into itself.

jubbin2001

I couldn't but to notice it appears a sally lightfoot cruising by. When crabs and snails cruise over the tops of these colonies they will close up as well. So keep that in mind as things in your tank might be curious and are just checkin things out. This can cause them to become irritated and close up as well, and it will just happen. Really with zoas it's pretty easy. Like Flower said, give them a good spot and leave them.
I had some Tub's Blues that refused to open after I moved them. For 2 weeks I kept checking on them hoping to see something. One day I came home from work, and all the heads had popped open. Now they are just fine and spreading, so give it a little time. It takes them, as well as all corals to become acclimated to your particular tank parameters, lights, and schedules.

jackri

+1
Crabs/shrimp cause them to close if they get walked on.. those look healthy but just closed up to me. Happens to mine everytime I feed and my shrimp get excited.