help with lighting

deer99

can any one tell me were to get the best deel on Mh lights. I have a 120g tank that is 24in tall. i am look at 175w or 250w what is the best to go with i have 2x260w pc on my tank know i would like tp keep one pc on the tank. and go with 175 or 250 looking for the best price. :happy:

deer99

can any one give me any info on this light. PROTOSTAR 250 WATT 10,000K HQI & 2 110 WATT VHO. been looking on the net and found this light

annanymous

what are you planning to keep in the 6tank [ softies, LPS, SPS, clams???]
there is no way 4 anyone to know what the right lighting 4 ur tank would be unless we know you r planning to keep in it

deer99

I have in the tank sum mushrooms brains polyps. like to keep sps clams. looking to get the right light on the tank. just don't wont to be limited to just low light stuff. sorry for the miss undersatnding.

annanymous

for SPS you need at least 7 watts per gall of intense lighting [MH or VHO or a combination]
if you have a 120 gal tank, then you need a total of at least 840 watts. how you get them is your choice. i suggest for SPS ans Clams a combination of VHO/MH 3of 250 watt MH and 2 of the 110watt VHO. that will give u a rough 8wpg, IMO. :yes:
only 1 250watt MH won't do you any good, so dont waste your money. save up and get something good

deer99

so if i keep one of he pc lights that is 260w and add one 2x250 +2x96 that will give me a total of 952w so that should do it if i add it up right.