Help with Lights 28g Via Aqua AR620

garnet13aj

Okay, I posted this in the lighting section but haven't gotten any responses in the past 24 hours, I thought it might get better exposure here...
I'm trying to set up my aquarium with lighting for growing corals. I don't want to grow anything too difficult, but want to make sure I have adequate lighting so the corals I do grow will thrive.
Problem is: it appears that the tank I have (28g Via Aqua AR620) has housing for 13" fluorescent lights (according to the website where you can order them, but the light bulb actually says they are 13.5"), a length that is different from just about every other aquarium light out there.
Any help from someone with experience with this aquarium would be much appreciated.
It appears that you can only buy replacement bulbs from the website and they only have the following 3 options: 20 watt daylight white fluorescent, 20 watt blue fluorescent, 20 watt pink fluorescent. The website doesn't give any other information about the bulb.
Am I SOL or will these bulbs work to grow some of the less demanding corals, or is there another option without having to remove the hood of the tank or replace it. The hood holds 2 lights so the total wattage would be 40 for the tank.
Thanks for any insight.

garnet13aj

That might be possible...I'm not super handy so I want to avoid doing anything that takes too much experience but if it's a matter of fitting a lamp and fan on there I may be able to do that.
Someone on a different forum suggested using a IceCap 430 ballast. The post was from 5 years ago but they said it was the only option they'd been able to find for getting adequate lighting for my tank. Does anybody know about them? I don't really understand how it works.
Do I replace my current light fixture with the IceCap?