HELP with my juv imperator

I have a 125 gal FOLR. Current residents are 6" PB tang, 6" Passer angel, 4" tomato clown, and 4" Juv imperator. I have my new tank (400 gal) due to arrive in Jan. The last addition was the imperator. For the first couple of weeks, everything was fine. Lately, I have noticed the clown picking on the imperator, to the point that the imp is suffering. I am very concerned. My only other tank that I could move it to is a 30 gal with a percula clown and squareback anthias. Should I move it until the new tank is up and running? Do I need to worry that the stress of the move might be too much? Can a 3-4" juv imperator manage 1-2 months in a 30 gal? Please offer any suggestions.:confused:

almarktool

I would def considering moving to a dif tank
i have a 3" marron clown the killed a 10" imperator by stressing it out and forcing it to stay in the corner and also was biting the angel may sound strange but it happened and that was in my 200 gal tank

dragoon

MOve some of your rock work around, or get another tomato. Usually this will calm them down from being so anti-social. they get territorial from time time to time just like the maroons. make sure the next tomato is smaller or bigger than your current resident. I've had very good luck in rearranging rockwork and adding a potential mate/buddy to tanks with overzealous clowns.

harlequin

if you have a 30 gal you can move something into, move the clown. I wouldnt foresee a long cycling period in the new tank if he simply moves everything from the 125 into it at one time. The bioload isnt going to change, just the glass that holds it and some new clean water. But if you are getting new LR all at one time then this is a different story.