Help with my Yellow Tang

meowzer

That does not look good...have you looked in this section at all the pictures of bacterial infections....and the treatments for such

whitebird

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3133365
That does not look good...have you looked in this section at all the pictures of bacterial infections....and the treatments for such
your tang looks to be real stressed
how large of a tank is it in? and who took a nip out of it?

deejeff442

no lr ?
i assume you dont have a qt right?
if there is no lr or corals and the tank has been cycled for a while i would put some maracyn two in there pretty fast.
you can get it at *****.

whitebird

Originally Posted by andreusnchris
http:///forum/post/3133384
its in a 55 Gallon Tank with just a tiny blue damsel
you kind of sound like us 4 years ago we had about the same size tank and devil damsels too and got a yellow tang too and it got to showing the red stress so i ask what to do and was told make sure our water par. are fine and enough water flow and that it was to small for a 55 gal but they will do fine i thought untill there larger and did you just get this tang?

whitebird

http:///forum/post/3133428
No, I've had the Tang for about 4 months now. He just started showing the redness...
ok this is what i would do is get rid of the damsel because i have never seen a nice one and could very well be what it stressing your tang with the way the fin looks and test your water make sure you have enough flow oh and any thing else you can think of that may have changed in the last few days

andreusnchris

Ok, this Tank belongs to a relative, so I will pass the message along. He did say his Salinity Level is .022, his pH is 7.8-7.9ish,his ammonia is 1.0 and his nitrate is 10. There is great waterflow, but what I dont understand is the tank is a 55 Gallon and I dont have any coral or anything in it, except the dead white stone coral which I dont consider coral, its more decoration if anything. I think he might back been scratching himself up against it

ces328

http:///forum/post/3133437
Ok, this Tank belongs to a relative, so I will pass the message along. He did say his Salinity Level is .022, his pH is 7.8-7.9ish,his ammonia is 1.0 and his nitrate is 10. There is great waterflow, but what I dont understand is the tank is a 55 Gallon and I dont have any coral or anything in it, except the dead white stone coral which I dont consider coral, its more decoration if anything. I think he might back been scratching himself up against it
But my Tang keeps hiding in the corner...He's really been acting strange the past few days!!! The pic don't do justice because I thimk I scared the hell out of him with the flash on the camera.He has been acting strange,plus has the red rash going on.....need help people!!!Thanks

deejeff442

1.0 ammonia surprised he isnt dead .
do a big water change 30 % at least and get some amquel plus to detoxify
the water it is at deadly levels of ammonia.
again maracyn 2 for the infection.
once the infection gets that bad it is hard to save the fish.

spanko

From fresh aquarium
"Ammonia poisoning is one of the biggest killers of aquarium fish. It occurs most often when a tank is newly set up. However, it can also occur in an established tank when too many new fish have been added at one time, when the filter fails due to power or mechanical failure, or if bacterial colonies die off due to the use of medications or sudden change in water conditions.
Symptoms
# Fish gasp for breath at the water surface
# Purple or red gills
# Fish is lethargic
# Loss of appetite
# Fish lays at the bottom of the tank
# Red streaking on the fins or body
Ammonia poisoning can happen suddenly, or over a period of days. Initially the fish may be seen gasping at the surface for air. The gills will begin to turn red or lilac in color, and may appear to be bleeding. The fish will being to lose its appetite and become increasingly lethargic. In some cases fish may be observed laying at the bottom of the tank with clamped fins.
As the damage from the ammonia poisoning continues, the tissues will be damaged as evidenced by red streaks or bloody patches that appear on the body and fins. Internal damage is occurring to the brain, organs, and central nervous system. The fish begins to hemorrhage internally and externally, and eventually dies. "