help with new RO/DI system

B

bbeakl1

I just got the corallife pure flow II and was trying to hook it up. My question has to do with how much water flow I should allow to go to the unit. The instructions just say to turn on the water supply but is it suspose to be a trickle or full flow from the faucet.

B

bbeakl1

Ok but when I did that the 3/8 inch tubing that runs from the faucet to the unit blew out the fitting bc the pressure was so high. Is this a defect or is there to much water pressure. I just dont get it bc it is barrely trickling out of the blue tubing but it is full flow out of the red discharge tubing.

the way the membrane works on them is there should be some sort or ristrictor in the red line that builds up a preset pressure in the membrane chamber. the waste water will have way more flow then the good water, my 100gpd makes about 3 gal of waste to every gal of good as an example.

kube

What I did was put a garden hose tee where my cold water hooks up to the wash machine maybe try that and use the vavle to regulate the pressure, I have really high pressure in my house also. and yeah all your going to get is a trickle of filtered water out of it, mine is a 100gpd system and takes a hour and fifteen minutes to fill a 5 gallon bucket