Help with NYC Fish Stores

deeez

Anyone in nyc know any good saltwater fish/coral stores in manhattan? I live right across the river at jersey city, and the good fishstores in jersey that I know of are more than 20 miles away from me. My fish needs company

Thanks!!

deeez

yea i tried yellow pages, but the problem is there are way too many. i just wish i could narrow it down and find out which ones are the good ones.

yosemite sam

The fish stores in manhattan are wayyyyyy over priced, and there really aren't many good ones. There are some stores in Brooklyn that are supposed to be better, but I've never been to them.

cdubbs

i live in brooklyn and i can give u about 2 or 3 good stores that i go to that have alot of fish and coral. Not sure of any in manhattan though.

adamc1303

CDubbs what stores in Broklyn would you recommend? I usually go to World Class Aquarium or Fish Expo.

cdubbs

i actually went to fish expo for the first time yestarday and i live 5 min from there and never knew it was there..that place is ok but not that large of a selection..as for world class, they dont know $h1t about fish. and they are way overpriced. I like this place called 1000 islands, its on utica ave and i think ave M. around there.. they have a huge selection of SW fish and the fish are great quality.

drea

take a ride out to pets warehouse on long island, not too far... even a train ride

jmg416

Originally Posted by drea
take a ride out to pets warehouse on long island, not too far... even a train ride
Where on LI? I'm in Plainview and have mainly been going to Mega-Pets.

clown123

well if u wanted too one day you will wiast alot of gas but its worth it there are 3good ones that are really cheap its worth it here they are aqua hut in coram then fish and reef in lake ronkonkoma and then country kritters in coram all in suffolk li. o yea pets wearhouse is good they got big clowns there but are a lil pricy.

gordie9

There isn't too much to pick from in Manhattan from what I have found. New World Aquarium is decent, but prices can be a bit steep. Its on 38th between 2nd and 3rd. Someone else recommended Exotic Pet Warehouse in Yonkers to me in a previous post, but I haven't had a chance to take a look yet. They said it is right by the track.

drea

actually pets warehouse is the cheapest... i go to all the lfs's everyweek
ronkonkama has the cheapest inverts, warehouse usually cheapest fish, but best quality by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ezee

deeez,
I have heard great things about this store. 16 Powers Street in Brooklyn. The L to Lorimer.
Let me know if you need more info.
E

brolik1

Hey deez I live in the bronx,NY.There is a exotic fish store in yonkers,if you take the deegan to the bronx river.its called Jawz fish store,the guy has a 1,000 gallon tank with a baby shark from the movie jawz and another one its white and has black spots.The number is (914)345-5855.You have to see the beauties of Tanks he has there.a little overpriced but well worth it.Its b/c of people like him that makes you want to stay in this hobby.There is also pet goods in central ave,yonkers but their whole fish Dept is under construction b/c they are extending the store.

email me for more info at brolik1@aol.com

brolik1

Pets warehouse is by far the worst pet shop Ive ever been to besides *****.It is small and the shop looks unhealthy,you can just tell by the stink in that store.Personally I dont like it one bit.

brolik1

Originally Posted by jmg416
Where on LI? I'm in Plainview and have mainly been going to Mega-Pets.
I know parrot world in LI is excellent.Ive been there and his stuff is quality.The owner is famous,he had a T.V show where he had all these animals on him and people would call and ask him questions live.

drew2005

Heres a few good ones in LI that i check out...Mutts N Butts in Merrick, Aquarium Adventure in Carle Place(excellent quality and selection), Pets in New Hyde Park, and Animal Tailz in Bethpage(formerly Pets).

tjake68

the store on utica ave every fish has ich i go to every store in brooklyn and queens go to fish town usa on northern bolavard and190 something street or go to nothern aquariums on nothern and prince st 1 block off of main street the fish in both are super cheap and high quality i like nothen aquarium a little better i bought a coral beauty for 20 and a snow flake eel for 20 i got a burma trigger at fish town 4 15 and star fish 4 12 animities for under 20

mavgi

Originally Posted by tjake68
the store on utica ave every fish has ich i go to every store in brooklyn and queens go to fish town usa on northern bolavard and190 something street or go to nothern aquariums on nothern and prince st 1 block off of main street the fish in both are super cheap and high quality i like nothen aquarium a little better i bought a coral beauty for 20 and a snow flake eel for 20 i got a burma trigger at fish town 4 15 and star fish 4 12 animities for under 20

it's nice store and you can get good deal there last week the sell big yellow tangs at $20
but the fish there not in high quality if you look good you will see a lot of sick fish and sometimes they keep dead fish in the tank.....