Help with Polyps

nitram

Here is what I got I bought these polyps a few weeks ago. Every day they looked so good and healthy then suddenly this happen. Here is three photos in a stage of 3 days.

nitram

Do you think something is eating them.
1 Sailfin tang
1 Red lip blenny
1 Domino Damsel
1 Maroon Clown
1 Pajama Cardinal
1 Flower anenome
1 Feather Duster
2 Peppermint Shrimp
2 camel back Shrimp
1 Green Brittle star
A rock with a few Mushrooms
Several snails some blue leg, red leg, and emerald crabs.
I checked My water there is no ammonia and no nitrates, I couldnt check my ph (Ran out) I will go to the fish store tomorrow and let him test my water.
If anyone could tell me something. Do I have the rock close to the light or not close enough. The LFS told me I just needed to feed it Phytoplankton, is this true?

bigarn

If they're dissapearing stem and all, something is eating them. I can't really tell from the pic. :D

swfish78

I ve notice u got camel back shrimp i caught mine chewing on my polyps and I have heard they did that too.Soo maybe u need to remove thoses shrimp but i am not sure of that onless u catch them doing that

nitram

Yesthe stem and all are disappearing. I havn't noticed the shrimp on them but I am watching.

organism

I think some people have problems with their peppermints nibbling on polyps at times too, can't recall...

msd2

my tang found polyps quite yumi. You might have one that has similar tastes. Are you giving the fish algae sheets to eat? I started doing this and viola the polyps have grown greatly in numbers :D

nitram

I just started giving him algae sheets sao we will see. Do I neeed to add calcium or anything like that?

smarls

It might just be that they do not like where they are, as you have only had them a few weeks. They like a some flow and good light, so make sure they are getting that. IS everything else in the tank OK?
Some zoanthids are particularily prone to a disease that for lack of a better description "melts" the zoas away. The main symptom is that the zoas stop opening and get covered in a white "film". They then dissapear.
I cannot tell if that is what is happening from the pic.
As you mentioned something may be eating them...sundial snails, certain tiny zoa-eating nudibranches (I found one of those the other day in my tank eating some zoas), or as mentioned, your shrimp. If you are convinved it is not your shrimp, then a preventive dip might help. I did this on my "melting" zoas, and they are improving.
I am sure Beth in the disease forum would have a good recipe for a dip, although I have read of recipes using RO/DI water, with a portion of either hydrogen peroxide, or lugols (I used HP as I had it in the house).
Basically - get the RO/DI water to the same temp as the tank and the same PH. Add the medicine. Sit the zoas in the dip for about 4-5 minutes, then rinse in salt water, then replace in the tank. If there are little critters eating the zoas, or if it is the beginning of the sickness, then this might help. However, I would rule out all other possibilities before I did this.
Stewart