help with protein skimmer

jlm

does anyone have a jebo protein skimmer? I just got one today and I think I did something wrong. I hook it all up and plugged it in. Nothing is comming out of the top. No foam or anything. It said to get the water level to the bottum of the collection cup. I'm guessing the bubbles would travel the rest of the way up the tube and burst into the cup. The other thing is there is a big hase of bubbles in the tank. I didn't think this was good for the tank. And it makes it hard to see everything. Please help

nm reef

I know nothing about the skimmer you mentioned...but most skimmers take a bit of time to break in and most need to be adjusted to work properly. Maybe somebody that has experience with the specific skimmer you've got will drop by and offer some hands on experience/advice.:cool:

jlm

Thank you for your reply. Do you know if most skimmers usually put out bubbles into the tank?

n2deep

It will take a few days for it to start to pull stuff out. Especially if your water parameters are very good. I have one of these skimmers. The one thing you MUST watch on this skimmer is to be sure the rubber o ring around the skimmer cup is COMPLETELY seated or it will leak and leave you a nice little puddle on the floor. For the bubbles, I posted last week on how to make a bubble trap but for some reason it was deleted. One more thing JLM. How about our SOONERS!!!

jlm

Thanks for the reply maybe you can e-mail me and let me know about the bubble trap. jbee_lievers@yahoo.com Are you from around here? Did you go to the game? We don't live far from the stadium. But I have yet to get to go. My best friend rarely misses a game. Do you like your protein skimmer? Also when it says put the water level to the bottum of the colletion cup that does mean at the bottum. Does the foam go the rest of the way up that tube inside the collection cup? Sorry I don't know a lot about these. I'm one of those poeple that has to see it to understand it. I can read it until I'm blind. Thanks again.

n2deep

I adjust mine to about 1/2 inch above the bottom of the funnel. Give it a few days and will work nice. I will e mail you with more info.

jlm

Thank you, I did have some stuff in there this moring to dump. But I didn't see any bubbles. Is this normal? I guess it doesn't matter if it is working. The bubbles going into the tank have calmed down alittle but not all the way. I wouldn't mind to much but the bubbles are sticking to everything and it looks ugly. Well thanks again. I did get your e-mail by the way. Waiting to here about the bubble trap.