help with protein skimmer

jlm

does anyone have a jebo protein skimmer? I just got one today and I think I did something wrong. I hook it all up and plugged it in. Nothing is comming out of the top. No foam or anything. It said to get the water level to the bottum of the collection cup. I'm guessing the bubbles would travel the rest of the way up the tube and burst into the cup. The other thing is there is a big hase of bubbles in the tank. I didn't think this was good for the tank. And it makes it hard to see everything. Please help

Hi JLM,
I'm not familiar with the brand of skimmer that you mention, but most protein skimmers will require a short "break in" period before they will function properly. What type of protein skimmer is it? Is it an airstone driven, venturi, or other?
Myk.

S

slofish

I agree, it takes a bit for a skimmer to break in. Somewhere from a couple of days to a week. Also, is this a new tank? if it is, you wont get any skim for a while.

fishtale

I balso bought a Jebo skimmer online from ----, thought I was getting a great deal, askimmer for $39.00 brand new. Ha Ha...
Filled the tank with micro bubbles made water look cloudy used it for 10 mins and put it back in the box.Jebo rhymes with cheapo.
I went and bought a Seaclone from Dr. Fosters and Smith web site,$59.00 better than the Amiracle I was fist using try you might like it!!:)