Help With ro/di

deer99

Hi
Just like to konw if any one can help me with this?
I got the pure-flo 2 and it keeps blowing the lines on it. If any one has the same problem or is it just a piece of crap
Thanks

deer99

Hi
Thanks for the response.
Sorry no Pics. But if you go on Doc Foster& Smith and under Water Purification you will find it. Any help will be thank ful.
Tahnks

acrylic51

Is this the unit that just has the 1 cartridge?
What is your water pressure?? Is it possible your water pressure it to high for the unit??? What does the unit say the max pressure should be??? I would have assumed by now you would have completely taken the lines loose and checked to make sure they aren't stripped and that when your going back together that everything is properly seated and secure

robchuck

It definately sounds like the unit is receiving too much pressure or the tubing wasn't inserted tightly enough into the fittings. Did you get one of the units with the pump built in? Do you have any way of measuring the water pressure going into the unit?

deer99

No it has no pump. Its the 4stage 50gpd ro/di. At this time i have taken all the line and fittings off and re tape it. Ihave no way of testing the water pressure. the unit is good for 60 psi. it hook up to my sink. i am going to tray to hook it up in the basement to see if it will work.
Thanks

acrylic51

I would definitely think if using a little teflon tape on all the fittings and it keeps blowing the lines it definitely sounds as if you have a blockage causing backpressure somewhere.... If I were you I would get a cheap pressure gauge just to double check your pressure on the line into the unit... They are relatively cheap. If you have more than 60psi of pressure you will need to turn it down a bit if that's the case