Help with RO/DI

bigal0221

Hello all,
I hope that someone can possibly give me some assistance. I purchased a 5-stage RO/DI filter and being that I am not a good plumber, I hired a plumber to come out and install under my sink. After he installed I purged the system of a couple gallons as directed and began to test my water. My tap was reading 120tds and the RO/DI water was reading in the 80's. I ran many, many gallons through and never got it below the 70's. Then I decided to look at how it was installed and he had the lines messed up and I was getting the drain water instead of the filtered water. I fixed this problem and now the system takes 2-1/2 hrs. for 1 gallon water and I still have not gotten it below about 55tds reading. Could it be that running the system wrong in the beginning messed something up? Also, what about the time it takes? The pressure is reading 50psi and it says that anything over 40 is good. Can anyone please help? I am tired of going to Wal-Mart 3 or 4 times a week for water!

jackri

I think I would physically need to be there with instructions and look it over :(
It's not really hard but most instructions make it more confusing than it needs to be -- I know I had to scratch my head a few times but they had arrows on the parts for flow directions that helped more than the instructions I thought.

steve102571

Depending on the initial source, RO/DI water usually has an 8-1 or 10-1 conversion. So it does take along time to get vast amounts of water. The water temp also drastically reduces the efficiency. Most units are rated at 65 degree input