help with sebae clown

V

vinnyraptor

drip acclimated, no quarantine, 90 gallon, no other fish yet, cycled with damsels then got rid of them. 1 carpet anemone( doing well ) some hermits, snails, peppermint shrimp. wont eat, its been 4 days, tried frozen brine and flake. the first 2 days he would spit it out, now nothing. it also looks like a white film is on his sides. what should i do?

o2ngk

He has brooklynella disease and you need to do formalin bath on him asap. If the film thingy got worse, he may die within 48-72 hours. He doesn't eat because he may be stress out or that disease. So cure him first for now. Please see the forum disease section for more info on formalin bath.

V

vinnyraptor

too late didnt make it through the night. is this disease now in my tank? or is it ok to try another fish without doing anything drastic?

o2ngk

Sorry, to about that. As far as I know the brook disease only affect clownfishes. Unlike ich, it won't spread to other fishes.

rod buehle

Originally Posted by o2ngk
http:///forum/post/2631335
Sorry, to about that. As far as I know the brook disease only affect clownfishes. Unlike ich, it won't spread to other fishes.
Partially correct. Brook usually will notaffect the others but they can carry...