Help with Skimmer

acrylic51

Let me ask a real stupid question here!!!!!! Where exactly is the micro bubbles coming from??? I know you stated the exhaust of the skimmer, but is it getting through the sponge like that? How is the pump connected to the skimmer body as well....I had an issue with an ASM recently where it was sloppy fitting parts and would let micro bubbles come from the elbow that connects the pump the the skimmer body....

snowdancer

Well as far as i can tell thay are comeing from the discharge but i didnt thank of the elbow fitting. The pump sits on the platform of the skimmer It,s all one unit but can slide pump off and clean and replace if needed. Will check fittings I hope thats it and I was just dumb lol

Mark

acrylic51

Again just a thought don't know if that is it or not, I've seen both....How far down do the bubbles start in the bottom of the skimmer?

acrylic51

Sorry another stupid post and thought.....Have you tried taking the riser adjustment pipe all the way down and letting it settle down and then working the riser tube upward to adjust height... Try turning the air down a bit and taking the riser tube down a bit......

snowdancer

OMG am so dumb
. it was the elbow not tight on the pump . Iam so glade you cought that now i can play wit the tube to fine adj but 1st going to lay down just too my meds. thanks so much for your help

Mark

acrylic51

Like I said I had an ASM I was going to throw into the street and run it down with my truck and was kinda tired on the job and waiting for the pizza guy and laying down in front of the sump I just happened to notice that.....Happy Tuning!!!!!