Help with snails and

nitram

Ok I have a couple of questions.
#1 I have noticed this diff species of snails in my tank, they are breeding because they first i saw 2 now I have about 10 or so. the thing I seen them eating one of my turbo snails may it been allready dead or they killed it. Ive noticed a couple of pollyps missing to. so here is a pic of ithem.
#2 do tiger tail cucumbers split because I had only one now i have 2
#3 I had asked a question on here a few months ago about copods making it into my main tank. I have 1000s of them in my refuge but as far as i can see I dont see any in my main tank. So today I was cleaning my Canister filter and it was full of copods and bristle worms So I must have copods in my main tank because thats were my filter goes.

T

tizzo

1. Those are whelks and they are NOT a welcome addition. Mine ate my striped shrooms. They soon found their way to my back yard!
I do not know about the tiger cukes.
glad to hear about your pods! :jumping:

azocean709

Those welks wont do no good in your refuge...throw them out..they are bad little preditors! i had 2 come in on a piece of live rock i did not know about...and found my rock full of yellow polyps slowly start to dwindle. so i waited till real late at night and found them little

[hr]
....out the window they went. i stayed up for weeks peepin for more. i got um all though! do yourself a favor and chuck um!

farslayer

#1. Whelks are predators and they certainly ate your snails. I've chucked two out of my tank, one ate a red-legged hermit.
#2. Yes, they split.
#3. Have you tried watching you tank at night with a flashlight to see if you have any pods running around? I do this and find tons of them.