help with spray bar for new 1200gph pump

krishj39

I got a mag-drive 12 pump for Christmas. I still need to get a spray bar to diffuse the current coming into the tank and was wondering what kind I should buy. I haven't had to use one before, so I'm clueless. All I know is 1200gph is pretty strong to just come out of one tube, plus it would be beneficial to have one of those adjustable kinds so I can turn the current to different parts of my tank. Any advice appreciated.

beefcake

How loud is that Mag Drive 1200 ? I have one also but have yet to use it. It's loud as heck out of the water.

krishj39

fraid i can't help you yet beefcake. I just got it myself. Actually, I went back and traded it for a 9.5 instead of the 12. I think that will be plenty, I'm trying to avoid having to add another overhang box if possible.

algaeeater

Hi
Can you tell me where you got those flexible nozzle jets. They are exactly what I need. Thanks for posting your pic. I want to make a spray bar too.
Thanks again.

johnnysalt

Zeppelin/Larry...help us out with some details man!! Where did you get that black pvc?!? and nozzles?!?
Thanks!
:D
John

johnnysalt

So does anyone else KNOW where to get black pvc?!? Home Depot doesn't have it....I take that back....they do have black washing machine discharge hose....1" outside diam. 5/8" i.d. Not sure I'd want to use that though!
OR I can use black vinyl tubing from either HD or the place that osolow mentioned....they have it in 5' increments.
Let us know though if you have another place to get it....and what size it is.
Thanks,
John:cool:

S

starfishjackedme

I think it's inert after it cures. Anyway, i have the Mag 7, 9.5 and 12. They are a little noisy, but tucked in a sump they aren't that bad. I swear the little 7 is the loudest though. I use it for top off and mixing water.

krux

when he first posted the pic of that spray bar people asked about the black pvc, the answer was.... that he used white pvc and painted it back.... so there ya go.

melbournefl

Just a word of warning about paint. Be sure to use NSF-61 certified paint for potable water. Whatever brand you choose, it's a 2 part epoxy paint that runs *about* $50 per gallon plus HAZMAT shipping costs (if you can't find it locally). They sell it at aquatic-eco systems in a variety of colors.
HTH
Later,
Paul