Help with sump please

countrygurl

Hello everyone, I ordered a Eshopps wet -dry filter for my 125 gallon tank.The water in the overflow makes a gulping noise. There was two long sponge filters that came with the overflow box, kinnda looked like they would go in the u tube, not sure where they go, hoping someone can tell me. I know this sounds crazy but never owned a sump before lol Thanks

E

eric b 125

what diameter plumbing do you use? where do you hear the gurgling comming from? the plumbing from your overflow box to your sump might need a larger diameter. the water shouldn't fill the pvc, but should follow the sides of it via surface tension so that air can travel through the center.

countrygurl

It came with a 1-1/4 flex hose has a 1inch bulkhead.
The water when draining into the exit tube down to the sump makes the gulping noise, does it like ever few seconds. Thanks for trying to help it's driving me crazy. Linda

windlasher

Originally Posted by countrygurl
http:///forum/post/2985095
It came with a 1-1/4 flex hose has a 1inch bulkhead.
The water when draining into the exit tube down to the sump makes the gulping noise, does it like ever few seconds. Thanks for trying to help it's driving me crazy. Linda
Or Hoefler Gurgle Blaster. This worked better for me on my hang on, but the durso worked better on my 220.

The sponges are for the overflow tubes. They fit over the drain tubes, not the u-siphons. I think to keep large "things" out and keep from clogging your drain. I put some sponge foam over the top of my drain tube to quiet the noise in my overflow. Made a huge difference.

I also use the foam sponge tube over my bulkhead strainers. I drilled a small hole on the top of the strainer for a piece of solid air tubing to slide up or down the bulkhead fitting into the sump supply line to help control the noise. It seems to work well also.