Help with the remora skimmer!

roadrunner

I love what the aqua c remora skimmer is doing for my tank but i was wondering if anyone that has the skimmer can help me out?
the skimmer is making a noise (something along the lines of a dull hum and the tank is in my bedroom - noise is not the best combination when sleeping)
does anyone know what i'm taking about and any ideas as to how i can resolve the noise issue?

roadrunner

the skimmer is the Aqua C-Remora HOB
Its rated for 75 gal tank - my tank is 26 gal.
I chose to get the maxijet 1200 to use for the water induction. Then the water flows into the spray injector where the many tiny bubble are made...
...after that the bubbles rise into the collection cup (although right now i'm getting more dirty water than foam) I've been told that it's due to the breaking in period.
The skimmer has been running since last friday.
I also still have the bubbles that go into the tank, when will this end?
Do you need anything else?

roggy23

the skimmer will produce the bubbles and will decrease slightly over time, after the break in period. What i did was buy a prefilter that covers the MJ 1200 pump and it decreases bubbles significanly, also helps skim a lot better.
These surface prefilter boxes will increase performance and can remove stray microbubbles
http://www.proteinskimmer.com/accessories.htm