help with the stockman pipe?

sobsts

I just built the stockman pipe for my overflow but its not that much quieter can anyone help me out as to the next step i should try to avoid the flushing noise.

sobsts

well how is this than i will post what i think i should do and if its wrong someone can tell me. I built a weir overflow and it was very noisey so i put a ball valve on there and that quieted it quite a bit but i was afraid if something got lodged in there it would flood my house. So i took that off and built a stockman to try and stop the noise. It muffled it but was still very loud with the slurping. I think now im going to put the ball valve back on again and control the flow with the stockman and the back pressure with the ball valve. To me I think it will work and dont have to worry about anything getting to the ball valve unless it goes through the stockman first and if it gets through there its small enough to pass right on by. If im wrong or if anyone has another idea please let me know.
THanks

squidd

The ball valve is just slowing or "regulating" flow thru standpipe...
The air adjustment on stockman (or durso) does the same thing...
Suggest you play with air adjustment some more ....(most likely needs "more") to stop the slurping...