help with transfer

brenda5826

yesterday i setup a 50-55 tank
i used half fresh made water and half from my 40 gallon tank
today i transfered half the lr what should my next step be
need this to be done with the transfered by tuesday as i am moving

brenda5826

okay well i guess i am going to tranfer all ls and the rest of lr tommorow and corals than on monday if all is well i will transfer
the fish is this to quick will i have another cycle due to this
any help please

tangs123

if you transfered the live rock and the live sand i would measure your levels, then corals the next day, then fish should be fine if your levels are good, because your rock and water is already cycled

Originally Posted by brenda5826
http:///forum/post/2709017
okay well i guess i am going to tranfer all ls and the rest of lr tommorow and corals than on monday if all is well i will transfer
the fish is this to quick will i have another cycle due to this
any help please
If I where you I would not tranfer the ls you are asking for a biger cycle. Get dry sand, and put that in there with a cup of your old sand to sead the dry sand. Ether sell your old live sand on your local fourm, Or you could clean it for later use.

mr_x

i put some new rock in the bigger tank, cycled it for about a month, then added my live rock, fish, and corals basically all at one time. i didn't keep my sand bed.

veni vidi vici

I just transfered all my LR and LS from my 75 to my 125.LS was a SSB and thouroughly sifted by Diamond Goby .It was in a storage container for a couple of days with SW and i check my water params for ammonia ,trates and trites before i reused it .All went well with no spikes.As long as you keep it wet in SW you could add a little bit at a time to your tank if you fear spikes.I would stir it up and drain excess water before you put it in your tank. BTW i lost no livestock in the transfer other than a few SPS while in storage containers RTN'd on me

brenda5826

Originally Posted by Mr_X
http:///forum/post/2709202
i put some new rock in the bigger tank, cycled it for about a month, then added my live rock, fish, and corals basically all at one time. i didn't keep my sand bed.
i only have till tuesday nite so should i just go buy new ls
i transfered all lr rock to new tank today and yes i am going to need to buy morel/rock as this tank is longer