Help with two questions!!

charvel

Three days my 120 has been up. Second day I added 36lbs cured lr from lfs, third day 13lbs.Should I keep adding little by little? Can I add some hermits now? Thanks, Mike.

T

thomas712

If it were me I would not, Three days? do you mean that you just started your cycle? Just wait and when you start to see the algea blooms then you can think about it....Wait a month or so.
Thomas

charvel

Originally posted by Thomas712
If it were me I would not, Three days? do you mean that you just started your cycle? Just wait and when you start to see the algea blooms then you can think about it....Wait a month or so.
Thomas

Thanks for posting.Three days ago i filled my tank with water the next day it was at temp and salinity,I went and got 36 lbs cured lr the next day 13lbs today none.I would like to keep adding. Thanks. Mike

spyderreef

NM Reef, I checked out the website for myself and found some very valuable info. Even though I have had a reef tank for 2 yrs. I feel that I am still a beginner. I am now setting up a 120 and wasn't sure what I wanted to do for lights. The site cleared that up for me. I love looking at this board and all of the questions but it was nice to look at a site that addressed the basics and why. I marked it as a favorite. Thanks.

jrb384

when i set up my 125, I put everything in at once. 100lbs LR, all my LS, ro/di water and salt mix. less than a week the water parameters were normal. after about 2 weeks I had no more algae bloom from the lighting. When i started breaking in my MH i had some minor bloom, but that passed also after a few days.
dont know why, but it seems to cycle quickly...
of course my LR sat and cured for about 4 months in a seperate tank at the LFS while my tank was being built.. maybe that helped.