Help with water parameters

redwave

I can't seem to get it right. I have had my 90 gal tank for about 2 years and have never quite got my tank running without issues. My current situation is this...I have a fish only tank with about 70 lbs of live rock and about 3 inches of live sand. I have 2 clown fish, two tangs, and 4 engineer gobies. Currently my yellow eyed cole tang is showing slight signs of ich and is stationary near one of my rocks in the back of the tank. Not fully eating with the rest of the fish. My maroon clown is showing signs of ich too, but swimming and eating just fine. They are both breathing normally but my cole tang is concerning me with his symptoms. Please give me some advise cause frankly I need it. Here are my water conditions.
PH 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 15 PPM
Salinity 1.022-1.023
Calcium 600 PPM (I know this is super high)

btldreef

Your calcium is high, what test are you using to read it? What is your alkalinity/carbonate hardness at?
Are you asking for help fixing the ich issue or the high calcium?
Did you quarantine any of these fish before adding them to your system?

1guydude

does a uv sterilizer make it to where u dont need to do water changes as much? I would suggest water changes and cleaning! Wat is ur water change schedule? idk much bout calcium and such. I dont have a quarintine tank but if i had a fish that was sick i would set one up and cycle it for a week and quarintine the sick one!

nikesb

if the other fish were exposed, all the fishes would have to be in quarantine.
as for uv, it is suggested that it helps reduce the amount of ich parasites in the systems as the ones that past through it are killed. UV does not allow you to lessen your water change time. it just helps kill stuff in the water column. water changes are done to replenish the system of trace elements as well as dilute the pollutants in the tank.

deejeff442

you might want to recheck to calcium .dont seem that salt contains 400-420 will go up to 600.
as far as i am concerned the only good a uv is for is in a qt.in a dt with ich it will not eliminate it so whats the point?