Help!

My emperor angelfish is usually out swimming all day, and eating like a pig. But, today he has been hiding in his tunnel all day, and hasn't came out to eat yet. I have checked on him a lot, and he has no sign of disease.Any idea what has happened?

it is probley hideing from you because you won't leave him alone, just kidding.give him another day see how he does and get back to us ,if the tank conditions are good and i am guessing that u checked them.if not --you guessed it!!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
How do you know he's ok if he's hiding? How can you check on him? I suggest that you take a long look at what might be happening in the tank, like harrassment. And, if you really can see the fish in detail, then check him out form fin to fin to make sure he is all right.

You can see the opening of the tunnel if you go to the side, after a long time of looking I see hes OK.No one is harassing him, hes the king of the tank. His fins are all good.

Ohhhhh..... I have him in a 55 gallon, but I bought a 300 off the internet, and should be ariving soon. So when the 300 comes i'm goin to cycle and place the emperor in the tank.