help

therese

:help: its me again i need help i only have 4 seahorse fry left any thing i can do i have done almost everything that i can think of except give up and i dont want to do that yet

900dublr

might wanna let us know how old the tank is and whats in it. And you can't just give up b/c something isnt going perfect.

therese

:confused: i have a 155 bow front with sand and crushed coral for substrat and tons of live rock i have 8 seahorses 4 pipwfish 3 fire fish and 2 scooter blennies and about 6 serpernt stars my ammonia is 0 nitrite is 0 everything is perfect i feed the big seahorses 3 times a day and the babies i have live 24hour brime in it 24hours a day and i clean their breeded constanty i just started to put in vitamins in the shrimp water as they hatch and the few times i put in liquid plankton it seemed like thats when i started to lose more fast so i stopped that any ideas

dburr

HMMMM, I have never kept seahorses or pipefish, I really don't know to much at all about them except they need low flow and are slow swimmers.
But I do know that if you don't keep the serpant stars fat and well fed, they will hunt for food. And a slow swimming tasty morsel is an easy catch.
Have you been feeding them?

therese

:cheer: yes they get vegi pellets every day i drop a few right where i see them and their long arms come out and grab they they are vert safe for the tank and they never gave me a problem they babies are in a breeding tank my husband made for them so they are safe i have almost no water movement except for the filters and skimmer now i am down to 4 any ideas

dburr

yes they get vegi pellets every day
Have you thought of giving them some meat based pellets or fish?
what is your picture of under your name?
That is a lobophilia. I have had it about three years and it's doubled in size.:joy:

bizzle

It looks awsome. I got this polyp the other day that I have never seen before. It is similar in color to your lobo, but the LFS called it Yemen Rock. Have you ever heard of it? I t was normally $80.00 for like three polyps, but I got a really good deal on it. I wish I had a camera so I could show pics.