Help

bigcheif

I have fish with ick. I dont have a qt tank to treat them yet. Please tell me how I can set one up or how to medicate. I have a 29 galloon newly cycled with 15lbs of live rock. I have 2 damsels and 1 singapore angel. Help New to this hobby but i boy do I have the fish fever

alyssia

In the disease forum there are instructions for setting up a QT, which you need because you need to do hypo (also in the disease forum).

A

anthonynyc

1. The best way to treat ICK is with Hyposalinity. You will need to drop the salinity down to 1.009 slowly.
2. You will need to purchase a refractometer to accurately measure the salinity.
3. You will need to remove the live rock and place in another container or something. All shrimps, crabs, snails etc should also be moved. Use the same tank water from the main tank and try to put a powerhead in there to circulate the water.
4. Once the tank is down to 1.009, leave like this for a min of 4 weeks but 6 weeks is preferred.
5. Good luck and start asap.
Anthony

promisetbg

Unfortunately an angel should never be in a newly cycled tank. I recommend hypo as well..and you can add garlic to their food to help with their immune system. Good luck..read as much as you can about ich~cryptocaryon irritans.