Help!!!

jakebtc

I have one of these it works great never stick like some are known to do. they are like 60$ if you look on the net
Ultralife float switch

turningtim

Jake I'm NOT trying to bust your chops! But again I go back to set. I've run outer boxes w/o the baffle inside and all you need is a stand pipe taller than the end of the U-tube. This insures that the U-tube is always submerged and will not lose sipon. Also if you run an open drain as in the pic it must be very loud. A durso mod to a stand pipe will eliminate the noise of the water.
If a tank system is set up properly there is no need for mechanical switches or check valves.
there just a little math involved..........
No worries

Tim

jakebtc

yes but I bought a setup that was supposedly complete and coral ready and alot of other jazz lol I found out later it wasn't so but all the same
everyone has thier own preference and I guess you have yours as well as I have mine, I know I like the easy way, the least complicated way is usually the best.
Next time I'm going with a corner overflow with drain and inlet wich is what I'd have now if not for tempered glass

jakebtc

do any or all come with that baffle box and dursa pipe now ??
I know when I go corner O.F. I want a dursa w/ down facing drain hole and adjustable air hole

turningtim

Actually I just was asked yesterday by a friend if he needed a "mega-flow kit for his RR. I didn't know what it was and after he described it to me it sounds just like a hopped up durso. Again no worries the tank I'm building is drilled and has the OF cut out of the back of the tank so there will be nothing in the tank but water and criitters.......
Tim

civicracer

my o/f box has that lil divider in the back. the hose I shortened was the one that went from the box down to the sump. it seems to have worked I just spent the last hour sucking water off of the floor and measuring the water level with a tape measure. all of the info was appreciated. simmer down guys you 2 seemed to be gettin a lil heated.

jakebtc

no thats the bad thing about typing can't tell peoples demeaner or
see where the emphasis really is on
I was tryin to help
I didn't know about putting a dursa in the overflow box where the sponge usually sits though
Wasn't trying to be rude if that's how it came across nice to learn something though

turningtim

Originally Posted by jakebtc
no thats the bad thing about typing can't tell peoples demeaner or
see where the emphasis really is on
I was tryin to help
I didn't know about putting a dursa in the overflow box where the sponge usually sits though
Wasn't trying to be rude if that's how it came across nice to learn something though

Nah! Just talking, it is very hard to type out what you really mean.
There only about a million ways to set things up, people learn different things at different times.
No worries
Tim

BTW glad to hear it works! ***)

nickp123

the problem seemed to be the length of the hose between the o/f box & the sump itself. I cut the hose and it seems fine. we'll see what happens when I get home.