help

kdrifter44

I have come to a situation were I need to move a clown in to a 10 gallon for a few days. Will he die without a heater in the water? Im putting water out of my larger tank into the 10 while I change around live rock.

shogun323

Originally Posted by kdrifter44
I have come to a situation were I need to move a clown in to a 10 gallon for a few days. Will he die without a heater in the water? Im putting water out of my larger tank into the 10 while I change around live rock.
It depends on what temperature it is at. Personally I wouldn't risk it. Swing by any LFS or heck even Walmart and pick up a heater to use for the time being. You should have an extra one around anyway to use when you are mixing your salt. Good Luck to ya!!!

shogun323

Can some one give advice on preventing Green haired algea from coming back once it is gone?
Good flow, RO water, not overfeeding, and not too long lighting cycles are a good defense.

shogun323

how much lighting per day is good? I do 12/12 right now is that to much.
I think that is a bit much. I run about 9 hours total on my reef.

shogun323

I tap water here is harsh im thinking me R/O might need a new filter to
That can never hurt. Where are you at?

shogun323

Southern Ny
Very Cool. When you mentioned harsh water I immediately thought you may be in Florida.
Anyway, You can also take your water to your LFS and have them test for phosphates. Best of Luck to you.
~Wade