Help!!!

coraldude

I touched the top of my Coralife light fixture tonight and it shocked me. I immediately unplugged it and removed it from the tank. It's only 3 months old
so it's still under warranty. The problem is that Coralife's website doesn't work and I cant find a phone number for them. It will probably be monday before I can even call them (if I can find the number). I have softies and LPS. How long can my corals last without light?

bronco300

can you check out to see if there is a lose wire? i guess that could be dangerous to do with warranty issues...corals can last a while without...any back ups? i can get you their number on monday if you need--have it at work

coraldude

Originally Posted by Bronco300
can you check out to see if there is a lose wire? i guess that could be dangerous to do with warranty issues...corals can last a while without...any back ups? i can get you their number on monday if you need--have it at work
That would be great. I do have the light on my fuge (26 watts 10k PC) but I don't think that would help much.

coraldude

Just as I expected they are not open until Monday. Does anyone know how their warranty process works? I'm expecting them to want me to ship the light to them so they can send it off for repair. I can't afford a light right now and my corals can't last weeks to months without one. I guess I'm probably screwed.

fishgeek01

I had the 4x96 watt pc system from them I had an issue where one of the cords had a short in it and 2 of the lights would only come on every once in a while. I figured they would have me send it back, but they didn't. I told them what the problem was and they beleive it or not shipped me 2 new sets of cords, and a new ballast. Totally free. I did not have to pay shipping or anything. I was impressed with thier customer service, of course this was 2 years ago, and my problem was easily fixed without sending the light to them. I hope yours is the same...