Help!!!!

lineman1

my sebae anemone doesn't look real well. he is kind of shriveled up and keeps opening its mouth and releasing chunks of white stuff. i also just noticed one of his tentacles releasing something. he has looked like this for a few days now. is he just "doing his business" or is this a sign he is on his last leg?

lexluethar

We need your water parameters, type of lighting, how long you've had your tank setup, and what you are feeding. Pictures would also be helpful.
There is a million and one things that could be wrong, you need to give more information before anyone can help.

reefforbrains

WHen they die, they die QUICK, if hes just shrunken then he may just be expelling wastes, try to move or touch him. Use a small probe or stick and lightly try to bother a tenticle. Be gentle but check out the body integrity, should be relatively strong.
If the anemone was dead it would fall apart and smell like high heck. If its solid and no parts of the actual anemone are coming apart then odds are its just relieving itself. Jst keep an eye on it.

lineman1

amonia 0
nitrate 0
nitrite 0
ph 8.2
sal 1.023
light 2 65w actinic 2 65w 12000k daylight
mysis shrimp once a week

lineman1

Just had my water tested yesterday by lfs and my own kit
oh had tank set up 5 months have had anemone for 1 month
also it hasn't had its foot settled for a week it has been moving back and forth between corners of tank.

lineman1

I thought that also but my lfs assures me that it is enough
I'm worried becasue i have heard that they can poison a tank when they die