Help!!

brad pitt

oh and it looks like it is very skinny like only bones. it wont eat and only hides it rarly comes out of the dark area in my tank. its color turned very pale. oh and by the way it is a yellow clown goby. i had 2 but one died the same way! HELP ME!!!!

nacl freak

Give us more information. How long have you had fish? What, and how often do you feed. Tank size and water parameters for a start.

brad pitt

i had the fish 4 about 3 months, i feed once every 2-3 days. i give them formula 1 and 2 and sometimes brine shrimp. nitrate 40 nitrite 0 alkalinity 240 ph is about 8.2 or .3 ammonia is 0 tank size is 12g.
i had 2 of them one died the same way he was okay when i got him from my lfs im not sure if it is HLLE. he just looks like he is very skinny and wont come out of the dark area. sometimes when i feed my fish he grabs a bite and goes right back. can my other fish be effected by it???

fish4ever

I would suggest feeding every other day or once everyday. Also try and bring your nitrates down from 40 to at least 20-25. HLLE I don't believe can be transferred from one fish to the other. HLLE(Head and Lateral Line Erosion) is usually caused by lack of nutrients for the fish(food-wise) and or stray electricity in the water(use a voltage meter to measure). Stray voltage can come from heaters, powerheads, pumps, and etc., any electrical equip. in the tank. Good luck! Hope all goes well.

jmj6239

I recieved a blue Hippo Tang with HLLE almost 2 years ago, it has never spread to any of my other fish, including tangs.