Help!!

Ok i know that this is a fish disease and treatment catagory but i have an urchin and yesterday i noticed what i thought was 2 little snails on him and i figured that they would crawl off over nite but they didnt.so today i poked the supposed snails and they were not snails at all.they were like little jelly beads stuck to the urchins body.Sorry i cant post pics.Any advice wold be great.

ajroc31

Do you have little bubble algea in your tank? Maybe few pieces of it got stuck to him as he was moving around.

ajroc31

Sorry, I don't have an idea, I tried only thing that came to my mind. I have two urchins, but they neve had anything like that. Is it a long spined urchin? You think, maybe really gently, you could knock them off?

No its a rock boring urchon and i tried to knock them off but then it moved its spines to where they are so im not sure if they hurt or anything.i hope they dont hurt it,i really like him

R

rcreations

Could it be some type of sponge it picked up off the rocks?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I moved your topic to Inverts Forum where you should get more views. Mostly members visit the Fish Disease Forum when they are just having problems with their fish. Not much traffic there for anything else.

Ok my brother just got home and i asked him to take a look at them and see what he thought and he poked them and they poped.do you think this is a good thing??