Help!!!!

aquapod 24

All my fish are acting weird. My clownfish and damsle are both swiming near the bottom and my dottyback wont come our of his hole. He usualy comes right out when I turn the lights on. Their pupils were very small and they did not do anything when i taped on the glass, put my hand in the water or even when i put food in. I do not have a test kit yet. Please help me my fish are acting weird!!!!!!!

luvmyreef

How big is your tank? How long has it been set up? What is your equipment? What is in your tank? Live rock? etc...You really need to test your parameters. And what is your temp? See anything on them, white spots, etc?? More info please...

aquapod 24

it is aquapod 24 gallon, it has been set up for a little under a year, my equitment is everything stock becides the rio 8 pump, I have 20 pounds of lr,coral, hermits, snails, sally crab, false clown, damsle(forgot what type it is), and a royal dottyback. temp is 82. I dont see anything on them.

luvmyreef

Did your lights just come on? My clown acts like he's in a daze when mine first come on. Or he even acts weird if my equipment/skimmer starts to make noise if the pump touches the aquarium, etc. have you recently changed/ moved any rock, or flow? I would def. get a test kit just to check everything.

aquapod 24

my lights went on at 7:20. they seem a little better right now but still not 100%. I have not moved any rock or adjusted any flow. The only thing i can think of is that i added calcium and alcalinity last night. Also, i was lookng at my clown and he seems to have a hair in his mouth lol should i be worried about that?

luvmyreef

Originally Posted by AQUAPOD 24
http:///forum/post/3157535
my lights went on at 7:20. they seem a little better right now but still not 100%. I have not moved any rock or adjusted any flow. The only thing i can think of is that i added calcium and alcalinity last night. Also, i was lookng at my clown and he seems to have a hair in his mouth lol should i be worried about that?
Never heard of anything like that. Could be a parasite. Is he breathing hard? etc... Maybe Beth could help you identify this...But can you post a pic?

aquapod 24

They do not seem to be breathing hard. My camera is broken so i cant post a pic. They are just swiming near the bottom and they are very skitish and acting funny

soviettaco

What are your parameters? You say you have had it up just under a year but you have no test kits? That's probably a bad idea (if your getting params checked at a lfs). Take a water sample and get it tested most places do it for free, and do it asap.

chaseter

Yay I can help!
When I added my pH and alkalinity buffer, I mixed it and poured it in all at once. Well, the cloud went right over to my clown and he obviously took some in and it then went over my anem as well. The anem immediately closed up and my clown started swimming funny near the bottom.
My guess is that their systems were shocked by the sudden addition of chemicals and the change in pH and alkalinity. They kind of went into shock. I was scared that he would die over night but when I woke up, he was normal and my anem was normal. Now, I add just a little bit at a time so that it doesn't overwhelm the system. That is what I would guess happened.

aquapod 24

Originally Posted by chaseter
http:///forum/post/3157748
Yay I can help!
When I added my pH and alkalinity buffer, I mixed it and poured it in all at once. Well, the cloud went right over to my clown and he obviously took some in and it then went over my anem as well. The anem immediately closed up and my clown started swimming funny near the bottom.
My guess is that their systems were shocked by the sudden addition of chemicals and the change in pH and alkalinity. They kind of went into shock. I was scared that he would die over night but when I woke up, he was normal and my anem was normal. Now, I add just a little bit at a time so that it doesn't overwhelm the system. That is what I would guess happened.
I think this is what happened because my clown swam through it when i poured it in. thanks for the help all of you. They seem almost back to normal now=)