help!

• Thread starter angelofdeath132
  • Start date
A

angelofdeath132

i did my first water change last weekend(10%) since then my water has been cloudy, did another 10% change this weekend, still cloudy. last weekend when i changed the water, i also changed the carbon in my emperor. HELP! any suggestions?

A

angelofdeath132

P.S. my tank is FO no live rock,55 gal., just c.c. substrate with an emperor 400, no skimmer yet, is that the problem with the cloudiness? do i need to get a skimmer? 4 yellowtail damsels and 2 false percs. inhabit the aquarium. also no cleanup crew as of yet.

panhead

had a problem one time with my hydrometer not being calibrated properly causing me to put enough salt in the water to make it cloudy.
just a thought

aqua_chick

I would suggest purchacing some live rock. It will still be a Fish Only tank with some live rock. It acts as a biological filter and will give your fish some places to hide, especially the yellow-tail blue damsels. Mine loves the rock, made an area his territory. Do you currently have any type of decoration in the tank now? Some blue leg hermits will help as well and you should look into a skimmer. Hope this helps