Help

flower

My clown fish is lying on his side at the bottom of the tank I just bought him lik six hrs ago???
A few questions:
How did you acclimate it? ...Too fast to be released, and the fish can't adapt to the change of temps or SG.
Did the store chase it around before finally catching it? ...Sometimes a fish is injured or over stressed when captured.
What other fish are in the tank with it? ...New fish are often picked on by the fish that already has established the territory.

Your new fish is very, very stressed. Keep the tank dark and quit, and fingers crossed it will come out of it's shock.

bang guy

Hi James and welcome.

We need to know a lot more about your system. Is this a new tank? How long as it been set up. How are you cycling it?

Listing water parameters is very helpful. It sounds like you have some ammonia in the water, have you tested the ammonia level?

flower

Hi James and welcome.

We need to know a lot more about your system. Is this a new tank? How long as it been set up. How are you cycling it?

Listing water parameters is very helpful. It sounds like you have some ammonia in the water, have you tested the ammonia level?
Hi Bang... Just asking here. If it was a very new tank and un-cycled, would 6 hours even be enough time to cause that kind of stress?

James.marie.tc

The tank has been set up for a month when the clown fish was added along with a crab. I did find the reason I tested for my nitrite level and nitrate level but not my ammonia level, I bought a kit and found it is through the roof, I purchased ammonia detoxification along with nitrate and nitrite detox and did a 10% water change I'm trying to fix it slowly because my crab is still living

James.marie.tc

Hi James and welcome.

Yes my ammonia tested through the roof
Hi James and welcome.

Yes my ammonia levels are through the roof I have been trying to detox it and did a 10% water change two days ago but it isn't dropping any??????

James.marie.tc

Yes my ammonia tested through the roof

Yes my ammonia levels are through the roof I have been trying to detox it and did a 10% water change two days ago but it isn't dropping any??????
It's darker than the 8.0 reading and don't seem to be getting better, what should I do next?? I am currently using Prime Seachem detoxifies ammonia, nitrite, n nitrate

lmforbis

Once you put in an ammonia detoxifier the ammonia tests will not be accurate. It makes the ammonia less toxic but it can still be measured in most test kits. The only test kit I know of that tests ammonia after using a detoxifier is the SeaChem test kit. They also make an ammonia badge that hangs in your tank.