Help!

E

eweaver

We have a saltwater fish tank at my office and I noticed one of our pajama cardinal fish is starting to act funny. He is moving in very quick, short movements and then he will rest at the bottom of the tank. We have about 7 other fish a cleaning shrimp and starfish and they are all acting fine. I had noticed our green chromis (sp) was acting funny and then it would hang at the top of the tank and eventually it died. I have asked the guy who comes in weekly to clean the tank what might have been going on and he said the green chromis was fine. I don't have much knowledge with these our fish but I am very attached and worried.

Last edited by a moderator:

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, eweaver, looks like you are not the caretaker for the office fish tank. Unfortunately, that makes it pretty difficult to help since you probably can't answer questions such as various water readings, etc. What is the size of this tank? And what are the other fish?

L

lilithereefer

i also just had a cardinal die because he got sucked into powerhead and then the hawkfish went after him. there could be aggresion or there could easily be just something like getting sucked into a powerhead. make sure it is eating. twice a day, brine or mysis. if he is trained to feed pellets

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Is there just one green chromis? They usually come more than one and all but one usually gets harassed to death.

The powerhead should have a safety screen to prevent such a mishap.